View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Lily2

I have had this longing and search for fulfillment in recovery as well. Particularly, as a recovering sex and love addict. Especially in the early days of my sobriety from using people, to meet my ego demands. I've found a few ways to help myself with this "need".

One, is to go deep into a body oriented connection. That can be dance, getting a massage, self pleasuring, or anything that gets me into my senses and body. Dancing with others is a great way to have this connection, without being overtly sexual. There is an expression, or releasing that can result. Also, exploring more creative pursuits can bring relief as well.

I believe our sexuality in it's essence, is about our spiritual longing and need for meaning and sharing ourselves and another. This is healthy and normal. But when it is a craving, I am made aware that these other areas are not in balance in my life. If you can be sexual without any strings or attachment issues, I'd say by all means, find yourself a friend with benefits! I personally cannot keep it that simple!