Old 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
MsCooterBrown

I understand so much of your post BBE! I live in a population of 3200. And once again...most people here DO drink for entertainment. Lots of bars that are always packed. I believe when you quit drinking it makes others look at how much they are drinking. Some can't or won't stop so they try to get you back into the group to make them feel more normal. OR I am just thinking this and need therapy! We don't have other outlets or groups. I thought about that meet me up or whatever it is called but have to drive 70 miles to get there. I get that this sounds like excuses only. I think you have to live in a small rural community to understand your options are extremely limited. I do quiet things like read...try out new recipes...spend A LOT of time on SR these days. Once springtime and summer come around I will be able to get out and travel more. The snow and the wind make it impossible to get around if you value your life. Lots of ground blizzards and you can't even see the pavement of the interstate.
I find that once you surround yourself with bar people...all they have is drinking on their minds. I hope it gets better for you...I do understand.