View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rae145

This is unfair - but seems to be frequently the case - addict is surrounded by people who take care of him while you are left on your own.

So true what Natalie wrote and you too red headed Suzy. I was married over 30 years and when it was all said and done, I did some simple math and guess what? I made less than a dollar a day putting up with sh%t. But you know what, I laughed out loud about that and I'm okay with the division of money and property.
I moved to a completely new town, have been here a little more than a year and today when I was grocery shopping, I ran into 3 people I know! I've joined an inexpensive gym too. I bought 7 skirts at goodwill for 25 dollars and they look great.
All of this was very very debilitating and sadness permeated me. Oh my goodness, I thought I was going to die of a broken heart. I no longer feel that way, but boy oh boy it took time and work to change my perspective. It's hard losing your standard of living, your way of life, uour partner, and your community.
You will survive and thrive, just not as fast as you want to.