Old 09-01-2005, 06:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
findinganewme
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

Originally Posted by ryanjosef
I am taking a suggestion from a loved one to post a thread and that it is therapudic and on faith that she is right i amdoing so. this post is for poams and thoughts and things that are loveing and uplifing to our hearts and minds. and i shall start.

We are all gems stones we come from dark places wrought with hard ship, we tumble around not knowing were we are going not understanding were we have been. finding our selve polished by our lives we find that we are gems with flaws yet the true jewler sees that these flaws add charicter and make us that much more beautiful to all. so when all is seid and done we shall shine above the rest.
God bless,
Ryan
Ryan,

I just posted a response to Shutterbug's poem but wanted to come back and say that it was INSPIRED by your initial thread! THANK YOU!

Yes, we are gem stones ..... some of us have been TARNISHED and flawed by our addictions .... those of us who somehow couldn't find the strength in the beauty the world has to offer ..... INSTEAD, we thought (or may continue to think) that we are somehow undeserving and then wallow in self-pity and go to our addiction(s) for an uplift or naively believe that the drink or whatever will SAVE US! It doesn't ..... that I learned THE HARD WAY!

I don't know why some of us *gems* are stronger and stay together and shine without the need of *substances* ...... I don't even know how *I* got here ..... after 40+ years of not drinking or using or ANYTHING!

The thing to do NOW is to continue to polish ourselves and push forward. I could tell by your post one day that you were having a pretty rough day! I have many ..... you are NOT alone! Don't beat yourself up ...... it happens! My problem is I don't stay FOCUSED on the positives in my life and try to resolve all the *negatives* ..... at ONCE .... and it becomes too overwhelming! So, although they say *one day at a time* ..... sometimes I have to take it one HOUR at a time!

Hang in there Ryan ..... and continue to share! It helps me to share and to be there if I can help in any way!

Read my previous post to see the *positive* in my life today!

Have yourself a wonderful, wonderful day!

Much love,
Maria