View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
atalose

Since then he has been in touch with me. He said he is getting outpatient treatment now and he told all his family and friends about his problem...this is something he never did and he made me swear I would not tell anyone about his problem. He says that I am right and it took me leaving for him to realize he has to get help.
First off, that makes no sense at all. If he has told all his family and friends about his issue then why would it be so important to him that you don't tell anyone? hummm

The fact he is placing HIS said recovery on you with the fact that it was all due to you leaving him - offers you a sense of having some control over his addiction, and well as we all know, that is just not true.

So you feel that false sense of control and now it keeps you hostage to his addiction thinking you can help/fix or control it.

What an unloving and manipulative position he has put you in. Don't buy into it. Stay on course of staying exactly where you are surrounded by REAL love and support of your friends and family.

No contact is one of our best tools ever!!!