View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zircon

Hi,
Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement. This is the last piece to be completed.
It's going to be difficult seeing him in court. As a lot of people here, I gave many years to this man.
My AH has moved on. With a new lady. I truly wouldn't want to be in her shoes. She's getting a man, that is broken, not the one I married.
I'm hoping the court is fair to both of us. And I understand it might take time for the court to make a decision. I've waited this long, certainly can wait a little longer.
I'm hoping the court orders our home and the property sold, and we split the proceeds. This will make things less complicated!
A good friend of mine, helped me look at this in a positive way. She said that, I have a lot of this behind me. I've moved and have established my own home. Where my AH, hasn't had to face up to the reality of the situation yet. Nothing has changed for him. I've had over a year to grief, the loss of a relationship, my home, and everything I've know for the past 13 years. My AH hasn't done any of that, because he remains in our home, pretending to go to a business that he claims has 0 income, and has his sister paying his bills.
If nothing else, I believe this court date will be a wake up call for him!! Not sure how things will change but they definitely will change for him.
Me, on the other hand, my life won't change that much related to this court date. I might be better off financially. Emotionally, I've lost everything already over the past year, and have started a new life. As hard as it was, I'm healing.
My AH has all of that to look forward too!
So, however this works out, whatever the court decides, I'm definitely in a better place than last year.
I can walk away from the court room that day, and know I have a home to return too.
My AH has a lot to deal with financially and emotionally during the next year. I really don't care, but I'm finally seeing the situation for what it is!! A year ago, I was questioning that my AH got the better end of the deal! Now, I'm realizing that is not the case!
I now know I made a good decision moving when I did.
I'm rambling! Sorry, just processing, this whole court date thing!

Z