View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Just wanted to share that my ex- AA sponsor ( we are still very close even though I dismissed her services then left AA ) called me tonight to see if I'm ok as she couldn't stop thinking about me!!) This lady is so in tune with me somehow it's not funny!!! Today is the only day I've felt a little bit of a struggle as I explained in my earlier Australia Day post!i also haven't spoken to her in 3 or 4 weeks so was weird she somehow knew!!!
She is absolutely amazing and has been sober for the equivalent of my entire life (39 years), she is in her 80's but is as fit as any 50 year old.... and as witty and sharp as any 20 year old!!
I am feeling extremely loved and blessed to have her as part of my life forever... and that touched that she just cares regardless. She's even interstate on holidays for another week but still thought of me. How lucky am I

Wow, Nic. What a blessing. Some people are just so 'in tune'. She (and you) are gifted.

I have a life-long friend with twins; it is simply eerie how they just 'know' what the other is going through.

My sister had an experience which still brings chills to me. A woman walked-in off the street into her place of business and said to her "In very short time, very much will be asked of you; I tell you this because I want you to know that, despite the pain and heartbreak, you will not be alone". In less than a month, she was diagnosed with cancer and died within a few years; she was very young. Twenty-seven women (in addition to my other sister and I) cared for her in her final two years; quite literally, she was never alone; when one person left her door, another appeared.

I haven't shared that story often and now I am literally sobbing.