View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zircon

Lawyer Appointment

Hi,
Just an update. Had a lawyers Appt today. As you know mediation was awful. My AH was being unreasonable. It was decided to go to a final hearing.
While discussing with my lawyer what was going to happen at our court date next week, for the motions to compel, mail was delivered.
Our final hearing date is March 7th. This is where decisions will be made about division of our home, land, and business. It is a huge relief to know the hearing has been scheduled!
I feel like finally, there is a light at the end of the road.
I'm not sure yet how this works. I'm hoping the judge orders the house and land sold, and we split the proceeds.
Just the thought that this is almost over is very comforting. I so need closure to this chapter of my life.
Hopefully, I've learned my lesson about people, relationships, trust, and alcoholism. Very rough lessons to learn.
All I want is enough money to get a little place of my own. And a little in the bank for an emergency. I already have my 2 precious dogs. My AH hasn't even asked about them!
The domestic violence order is up the beginning of March. I don't feel comfortable with it being dropped until the divorce is settled. When my AH doesn't get his way, his anger becomes rage. And he would be given his guns back.
As the hearing gets closer, I'm sure I will be feeling nervous and overwhelmed. After all this is my financial future. I just need to remember this isn't the first time the judge has heard my kind of case.
Even though this news is the end of a chapter of my life, it will be the beginning of a whole new adventure!

Z