Old 01-18-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ashtorment

Really scary experience, has anybody else had this or know what it is?

I have been drinking very severely for the past year, well, I ended up in jail recently for about 5 days and so I had to detox on my own. Day 1 I just slept all day, and then day 2 was probably the hardest, with sleep, and I was shaky, after that I felt like I would be ok, the first 2 days I did not eat anything at all, only trying to get down water. I started to eventually eat very little and was fine, only plagued with freaky dreams with animals turned inside out or cut in half, and weird things like that.

I started to read more on day 3 and felt everything was getting better, then all of a sudden something weird happened which I have never ever experienced, and I have been through alcohol withdrawal probably near 1,000 times.

I was reading the bible because there was nothing else to read, I was fine, until all of a sudden the text started to turn from black to blue. I thought it was no big deal until as I was reading, highlights of words would appear as if you highlighted them with a marker, these could be yellow, blue, pink, etc... it would pick random words the more I read with my eyes. Then, in addition to that, grey underlining would form under some works, then if I kept reading it would get worse and worse until words, underlines, and everything were all sorts of colors. The part that freaks me out most is if I kept reading it would progress to burned images onto the pages, and I could make out symbols, diagrams, maps, just faintly, almost as if someone used a very very light marker to draw them. After this I felt like my bed was moving back and forth, then sideways, not too badly but enough to notice.

Keep in mind I am in jail and there are people still talking constantly in the dorm, which is significant in the next part. After a while sound got amplified by like 400%. I could hear peoples breaths, if you dropped a spoon on the floor it sounded like thunder, if you hit metal it sounded like a cannon went off. After all this is going on I hear voices, and this scares me into a panic, I hear whooshing and whizzing. The voices sound evil and magnified while normal sounds are added in with it.

My vision is a little weird too, if I were too look at a black space, it looks like dust is falling like snow, it's so very hard to explain. Anyways as all this is happening my body feels a extreme hot/cold sensation that originates mostly from my feet and works its way up my body then dissapates, this keeps going on and on.

Well, eventually soon i realize that the voices are not really aliens or demons or anything, they are the people around the room talking, and the sound magnification is just making it sound so weird.

If I close my eyes I get extreme closed eye visuals, and I have the sensation that I am moving.

One other disturbing thing is that if I looked at a clean white sheet of paper, I could see pink colored images on the sheet, these images were so intricate that if I could replicate them with my hand I would be a master artist. It was disturbing that each images is different for each piece of paper. Some of them are strange and scary. But they are amazingly detailed.

All of this freaked me out so badly, I have never ever experienced this in my life. I have been through severe alcohol withdrawal too many times to count and never experienced anything like this in my life. Has anybody had this happen to them?

One weird thing to note is that, it ONLY happens when I start reading, the first symptom is seeing letters highlighted, then my feet get and and I get hot cold body sensations from my legs, that's how I know it will start.

I am on day 5 of not drinking, so I think I'm past seizures, what does anyone thing of this, I am so scared to read now, it is even just beginning to happen right now, so I think I will stop, let me know anyone what this is.

I did read after that and it was not as bad, at least the sound amplification was gone. I hope I get better and it's not stuck like that whenever I want to read something.

Eventually once it gets so bad, I stop reading, then it slowly fades away and I am normal again.