Old 01-18-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

Originally Posted by RevivingOphelia View Post
No, I think he has not been judged harshly enough, and I think he has been coddled far too much by my mother. I am as progressive as they come and have zero issues with my high tax bracket helping others; however, he is definitely one of those people who have used the system to his advantage and has put no effort getting healthier and getting off welfare. The reason he's on disability is b/c it's easier to stay on it and 'get by' even if that means having his mother buy his groceries, do his laundry, and ask his sister for money. He's physically able to work; for years he has been physically able to go out to the pub. He has let the 'system' take care of his immediate needs and it has fostered dependency. He doesn't even help my own mother out. He doesn't even volunteer. I hate to say it but he's one of the ones we know our tax dollars are being used to support a person who SHOULD be contributing and not using the system--especially after ten years.
As I said what you ( or anyone) thinks is not what counts. It's what he thinks that count and how he decides to lead HIS life. Your opinion of him and his situation does not make it so. It is your judgement. I would say, again, focus on yourself cos from reading this you spend far too much time focusing on him.