View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
gleefan

Courage - Your honesty is why I value your sober fellowship so much. I think that "behaving alcoholically" is something I'll always battle. Some vices are safer in that they're less likely to lead to relapse than others. Sweetened Cajun popcorn might plump you up, but NyQuil swigging is a dangerous tightrope walk.

I know you know that. It's good to have a sounding board. My sponsor is a tremendous mentor through the 12 steps, but I don't share a ton with her. I have a small recovery brain trust though. It's a lifesaver for me. I also lay it all out here.

Bimini - Well said about maintaining boundaries when reaching out to others.

Carlos - When our brain trust rubs its remaining cells together we come up with some pretty good ideas, wouldn't you agree?

I'm itching to find out if the homeowner has accepted or rejected my bid. Patience is not my strong suit! When obsessive chatter tries to take over, I say the serenity prayer. I'll say it again and again to calm myself down. This morning I said it during most of my drive to work, stopping every so often to focus on the "thy will not mine be done" theme of the prayer. I recognized how it applies to this situation.

In any event, I'm glad to be home relaxing after a busy day, joyous, happy and substance free!