View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BlueAero

Good idea. I called today....no cancellations but they said they would call me if one comes up. Good possibility.

I'm just tired of lying to him and pretending this problem doesn't exist. I don't like AA's contention that we are all "powerless" to control the addiction. If that were the case, we'd all just roll over and let it take us. However, I do believe that the odds are stacked against me and that, although not powerless, I am not equipped to do this on my own. I need help. Luckily for me, my wife works for the government (their health care program is WAY better than what our illustrious leaders have in mind for the rest of you so remember that when you hear each side arguing about what the best way to go is with health care. It doesn't affect them at all since they are already universally covered!) so they have a very good addiction recovery program. I think that's the route best suited for me, especially since I have multiple addictions. If I can get clean and sober and come out of the facility that way, that's more than half the battle for me. I certainly don't want to take unnecessary health risks by going cold turkey with both the alcohol and the opioids so a consultation with my doctor would seem to make the most sense.

Don't worry about my enthusiasm for this fading in any way. Every day that goes by I am reminded of the inevitability of either recovery or death. I can go either way. The choice is mine. Thanks for the encouragement. I've never felt more determined so the time is now.