Old 01-15-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Thumpalumpacus View Post
Rough morning. My son's mom called me early this morning. He was arrested for DUI, in his case DoC was marijuana. He and I spoke for about thirty minutes this morning, and will obviously be having an ongoing conversation. I am, and will continue to be, beating all Hell out of recovery principles, keeping my balance so that I can help him. He has to get help to deal with his abusing weed. We have to make a plan so that he can pay for a lawyer, pay his mom back for recovering his car for impound, etc.

The only good things I can say are 1) at least he didn't maim or kill anyone, and 2) he is not denying that he needs help. This is a problem, but it is an opportunity as well, and it's my job to help him seize and make the most of it.
So sorry Thump- this must be very hard to swallow, no one wants to see their children suffer with addiction or with anything this painful. I know you are strong enough role model now to show him the way and help him any way you can. I am thinking of you and sending my thoughts and love your way...