Old 01-13-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoloMio

As I reported in another post, I had two grueling days of work Wednesday and Thursday, but I have the luxury of kicking back for 3 whole days!! (Traveling on business on Sunday, but I love traveling, so it's not "work").

I'm going to get my hair cut, just putter, read, go to Al-Anon, meditate, and declutter.

DD gave me a $100 gift certificate for a facial for Christmas!!! I'm excited to use it, but will probably wait until next weekend.

On a side note: DD expressed to me that she felt I wasn't that excited about the facial when I originally opened the gift. I felt bad about that, but it's true that I very rarely do those indulgent spa treatments. I've never had a pedicure or a manicure. I've only had a massage when someone gave me one as a gift (twice in my life). It made me wonder why I resist these "extreme self-care" types of things. Part of my "Class of 2017" coursework (thank you, Westexy!) going forward is going to be treating myself more often to what I consider "indulgent" self-care.

On another side note: The same DD (I LOVE this girl!) has invited me to go with her on a long weekend to Costa Rica!! Old me (I'd feel guilty leaving AH). New me (How soon can we get a flight????)