View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Steadwell
Abstinence Apprentice

Doesn't this suck? I'm back here as well and thought you may wish to console with one who is experiencing this too. Some responders will add things like "get back to an AA meeting", so on and so forth, but I'm thinking that's not what you (or I) need to hear right now.

After losing my job over the holiday season, I've bounced in and out of this binge. Was doing well, even posted about how well things seemed to be going as 2016 was winding down. I'm my own saboteur, how and why did I wreck this? So many triggers, with the election, healthcare on the verge of being eliminated, or at least changing dramatically.

One thing that seems to help is getting online and doing some research. Knowledge and feedback help.

Haven't even visited this site in a while cause things were going so well. Should never have quit visiting this site.

I don't know if you are like me, I know myself pretty well, and the general trend for me is to "cycle through" these benders until either the money runs out or I "arrest myself".

One phrase from one of my favorite all time movies, is where Omar Shariff's character keeps telling Colonel Lawrence to "eat, sleep", repeatedly until he's able to recuperate. This does work, but preventing the next "episode" is terrifying.

I don't know if I'm helping you with my diatribe, but it does provide a little comfort trying to reach out - even if this seems a little demented.

Hang in there, and I will!