Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hope778

Welcome, WendyLew. I am sincerely sorry for what you are going through. If you are waiting around for it to get easier and for him to get better by chance, it just won't happen. He has to be ready to seek and accept help, and it just does not sound like he is there yet. You are, though.

Reading through your post really, really made me worry for yours and your daughter's safety. I really mean that. I am worried for you both being there.

My husband threatened suicide a few times. I understand how paralyzing and traumatized that makes you feel. I am sorry you are having to feel that. I know how scary it is. But, my husband is still alive, and is in recovery. Part of him getting there was me making him leave and him realizing I was not living with him in active addiction anymore.

Your situation is a little different. You financially depend on him and I also would also be nervous about him becoming enraged if you tell him he has to leave. Would you and your daughter be able to leave whenever he is gone for work? Even to stay with family or friends until you are able to find work? That is what I would seriously start considering if I were you. And, save the dogs too if you can.

We are here for you, and will offer the most sound advice we can. Many of us understand what you are going through. I would advise you to please take care of yourself and, maybe more importantly, your daughter. It is your job to protect her. She needs that from you. You are also the only one who can protect yourself. And YOU need that.

Praying hard for you...