Thread: On My Way # 5
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

SoberLeigh, personally well. Thank you for asking and I hope the same for you.

Some cut and paste from version #4 of this thread:

Written yesterday

The day started with a short walk to meet a friend for breakfast. My plan was to hit the gym after that, but upon returning home it was evident that I would be going to the vet instead. My dog scratched her eye last night and it became very irritated and swollen. Fortunately we were squeezed in and taken relatively promptly, but the whole process still took about 90 minutes. Now that I'm back from that I'll shortly be taking my son, my daughter, and her boyfriend to the airport. We're flying them to Florida to spend a week with Grandma.

Written earlier today

Life...last night as my wife and I were getting ready to go to the gym and then out to dinner we received a phone call from our next door neighbor telling us that her father, the one who fell last month down a flight of steps, was being taken to the hospital, and she wanted to know if we could take care of her two distraught teenagers. So, of course, we changed our plans. Since I had no intention of cooking, there weren't too many leftovers in the house, and I had no time to defrost and cook dinner we ordered pizza and a large antipasto. After dinner we hung out in the living room talking, listening to music, and enjoying a fire that was blazing the fireplace.

As it turns out our neighbor's father was bleeding internally between his skull and brain and it was causing pressure that has to be relieved through surgery. Depending upon how stable he is that will take place either today or tomorrow which also means that we'll be watching the kids for at least a couple more days. That's okay.

My plan is to hit the gym for the Wednesday class I've been recently taking. So that we can eat once I get home I'll be making chicken cacciatore and a side salad.