View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BitingTheBullet

I am not an alcoholic but ten years ago I poured out all the alcohol in the house. There are a few unopened bottles in the back of a cabinet, memento stuff, jamaican rum from our honeymoon, a bottle of champagne from The wedding, another from France, stuff like that. All sealed and unopened for years (We've been married 24+years). I have not had beer in our fridge for years. I am the only one in our marriage who isnt drinking in our house. AH has it hidden all over the house! About three years ago I bought a six pack, drank it in about a week. I didnt enjoy drinking in front of him. His drinking actually got worse. It was part experiment/part why do I have to give up alcohol when it's his problem? But in the end I didnt enjoy and his behavior has put me off alcohol so much that I just dont drink at home anymore ever. (One bottle of champagne every new years eve split amongst three people , AH not included yet still "magically drunk" come midnight.). So for me its just not worth it to have it in the fridge. I am working on not searching for the buried treasure but as his alcoholism progresses to three day verbally abusive benders it gets harder to stay detached.