View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bikube

Hello all, and a happy new year to the September class!

I've been quite lazy about posting here over the festive season but I've been popping in to read everyone's posts!

Martin, I'm terribly sorry that you're having such a tough time. Before my current period of sobriety (and before I came to these forums), I had a long period of just constantly relapsing. Slip after slip after slip. I felt like everything was so bleak and that I was forever destined to be a hopeless slave to alcohol. I know I can't say for certain that I will never drink again but I do feel like I've turned a corner now...and if I can do it, after the state I was in and the cycle of relapsing that I was in, I truly believe that you can do it too!

I know it's so hard to see the wood from the trees at the minute but there is a better life out there for you, and we all know and understand how you feel here. Do you attend AA? I think the greatest aspect of AA (for me) is being able to talk honestly and openly with ZERO judgement. There is no embarrassment there, no shame - feelings that I struggled with massively for a long time.

Take care all! xxx