View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Barbs

Martin so glad you got some sleep. I remember how tough those early days were. Eat and drink plenty of water and maybe get yourself out for a walk. The fresh air always does a world of good for me.

Helen congrats on sending that wine home with your mother. I like the new plan of giving all the equipment to a friend rather than your daughter. I worry about my own kids and their drinking too. It has been such a big part of the family lifestyle. I did get a few conversations in with them during Christmas about the dangers of daily drinking and binge drinking. I hope they heard me.

SSOH I can relate to your feelings. I have been feeling very content this last week or so. Almost like I am somehow worthy of being good to myself. Definitely feeling optimistic for 2017!

Last night after dinner my husband wanted to go to a few of our old water holes. I had a soda with cranberry juice while my husband had Lagavulin. He said he deserved it as an end of the year treat. He struggled to get it down and said instead of it being a treat it was torture lol. We then went to our old favorite place where all the townies hang out and we know everyone. The bartender knows my drink well and was shocked when I ordered a soda and cranberry. She couldn't wrap her head around it. I just smiled and repeated my order. Hubby had a beer and only drank half. He said my drink was better than both of his drinks. Hmmm... maybe he's seeing the light lol.

Hope 2017 is a great year for everyone!