View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
elizabethvincen

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Elizabeth...

Welcome to the Board. Sorry for what has brought you here. Going through this during the holidays is a very, very difficult thing.

I think what's important at this point is that you take a step back, give yourself some space, and learn what you can about addiction. If you've only been with him for 7 months, and most of has been while he's been using, then it's safe to say you don't know him. You only know what he's like when he's under the influence, and a person under the influence is not the same person that he is when he's not under the influence.

So...stop, deep breath, and start reading all you can here. Several of us have suggested attending an Al Anon or Nar Anon meeting, and that's solid advice. What's important right now is educating yourself so that you can make the best decisions you can for you. And be mindful that what's best for you may not be what you want.

Keep us posted, and again, Welcome to the Board.
thank you i really appreciate it, but technically he was sober throughout our relationship but there were two different occasions where he relapsed and then it took him back to rehab so i did know him sober and he was amazing, but i do see what you're saying totally, and i thank you again its just so difficult, its gonna take me some time to move on and come to terms with everything