Thread: BP for sweets?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tursiops999

BP for sweets?

hope this isn't a double post, my last attempt froze.

I'm contemplating making a BP for sweets, and would appreciate input from those of you who have done it.

I have a reasonable working knowledge of AVRT for alcohol, and I'm guessing it should be a similar process, but I'd appreciate any tips.

I'm thinking about sweets -- cookies, cake, chocolate. I'm also thinking about processed wheat products such as white bread and pasta. These are foods that, once I start to eat them, my appetite for them is over-stimulated and I tend to keep eating them against my better judgment.

I'm evaluating my motivation -- I have been observing the mindless appetite kick in, and I don't like being a slave to that. I also weigh about 15 - 20 lbs more than I would like to. I have some active hobbies -- hiking, scuba diving -- that would be more enjoyable and comfortable were I at a lower weight. Some of it is vanity, although I try not to hate on my own body.

My beast is looking for a chocolate loophole Unsweetened cocoa powder mixed with splenda?

How do artificial sweeteners fit in? For example, I put splenda into my morning tea -- do you find that artificial sweeteners stimulate your appetite in the same way, and do you include them in the BP?

I'm not sure about BP for bread/pasta. I do wonder about travelling in particular --- I travel a lot, and noodles are a convenient reliable meal in Asia, same for pasta in Italy etc. What do you do if you are a guest to someone's dinner and they serve pasta? Do you declare yourself "gluten-free" or something? I know these are probably questions from the beast, but I am wondering how you've resolved the practical matters.

My beast does not thank you, but I do.