View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

That was frustration. We can't always get what we want... Until the day I can afford to retire, stock up on food and essentials and live out the rest of my days in a cabin in the mountains somewhere, I will have to put up with living in a world where people are idiots...

I had yet another jerk coworker today... In this field you have to be able to let other people know what your physical limitations are. The caregiver I was working with is able to lift these MS clients of ours without difficulty. I on the other hand have some back issues that I don't want to risk making worse. In her mind, I should still do my fair share of the lifting, even though there are still other ways I can contribute to their care and care of the household. The other five people I have worked with there are very agreeable. We gel, we work together and help each other. Not so with this woman, but happily, I am not the only one having issues with her attitude. I said I couldn't lift and her response was "WHATEVER!" She's sixty.. Anyway, on the next time we had to do the same transfer, she walked out of the room. I did it myself, and my back has been hurting every since. Then again it does every day. Stuff happens. I have to work with her tomorrow, but fortunately, in the future I will be able to avoid her..