View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
SlowMeDown

10 months here

I'm on 10 months here. And I can relate. there are days I feel good and then it just hits me. I notice that I have trouble spelling or my words don't sound right. For me this is a sign of stress/depression. My nervous system gets out of whack. I've been to the dr many times, I see a counselor too. I've had numerous tests and physically I seem to be good. Psychologically I am not okay. I no longer feel like my brain is "normal" where the words used to flow out of my mouth and on paper, I now feel like I've lost all of that. I continue to tell myself be patient but I often wonder if I'm really losing my mind rather than healing. I eat well and do a decent job of working out. But every couple of months I feel, like I relapsed. I've read it can take a couple of years before I can get my wits back but that seems like an eternity...I do know that I never want to use alcohol to get through my problems. I've done enough damage. I hope you can stay sober and find what works for you.

On a side note, I have found that when I meditate for at least 10 minutes every morning I do feel better throughout the day. Sometimes maybe too carefree but I like the non-jittery/ nervous me.