View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stellar45

Yeah Pipefish, I am doing my best to practice gratitude as a way of life. it really does help change one's perspective quite a bit. I am so thankful for the roof over my head and the love and support of my family. There is a lot of love in this household and I know we do our best to encourage one another and build each other up.
As far as the luxuries go, the only true one we got is the truck which we need. We are in the process of adopting our grandson but need a solid well-running vehicle as required by DCS. My car is old with 170,00 miles; not in the running to qualify.The adoption matter goes before the court next friday the 16th and looks very promising.
We are in touch with the local food bank Scott. As far as help with utilities, we are exploring that. Its very humbling to ask for help but I am glad there is some assistance out there.
I did fill out a couple of applications today and was told by a manager that they would be contacting me after reviewing my app. I hope they're not just saying that. This is literally about survival. Funny how last week was dubbed giving tuesday and I recieved 4 letters in the mail from charities I once supported. I threw it up to God then and said "Now I am the one in need Lord, will any of it comeback to me?"
I always gave with a cheerful heart but felt a little down that it seemed like it wasn't being reciprocated. I know, it sounds selfish as I really felt I gave with no expectations of returned through the years.
I just want to make it to income tax time and put all this money mess behind me! Thank you Sober recovery.