Thread: Waffling
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
thousandwords53

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
This^^ right here -- Gold.

The absence of horrors doesn't automatically default as "Good!". It's just less horrible.

And I know how awful it is to realize that this is the treatment we've been accepting for ourselves, all the while waiting for someone who sees no reason to change to just magically stop and do a 180 degree turn in the opposite direction. Like anvil was sort of referencing - "when people show you who they are, believe them".
That's funny you should say that...I was shown this morning who I am partnered with. Just a vent share :

So AH “helped” me by taking kids to the school bus this am so I could get ready for work.
It snowed here last night, so we were doing the boots/hats/gloves shuffle, lol.
Middle child decided she wanted to wear the hat sister had picked and that ended in a melt down.
I sent them on their way, middle child crying and having a lovely melt down.

15 minutes go by and I am about to get into the shower, when AH walks back into the house, I figure he forgot something.
Nope. He has the middle child in his arms. I say, “what’s going on?”
He tells me that she wouldn’t stop crying and wouldn’t get on the bus, so he freaked and didn’t know what to do.
I tell him he needs to take her to school, she is going, and that is no reason to get away with this. She is upset, and I hug her, but tell her this is not ok, she’s a big girl and is going to school.

He states that he can’t take her, he has to go to work.
I say, um, yes and so do I. He drives an SUV, and I don’t even know if my car will make it to school. (My kids are bussed out of town to a special school, and it is up the line from us = more snow)
He says” Pssshh, I don’t know what to do, sorry”
I say: Why are you saying pssshh? I have to figure out if I can even drive up the line far enough, then be late for work, or take her with me to work if I can’t get to the school. You make your own hours and can be a half hour later than normal. Your commute is half of mine. Please,I have a job too that requires me to be there at a certain time!”
He says: “sorry I didn’t handle it the way you think I should have” and leaves. (blaming me)

So off we go, He calls me as I’m driving and I’m a huge idiot so I answer (on my headset). He's asking me about some paperwork I forgot to bring home for him to sign yesterday….I just say, hey- I’m driving in the snow and ice, I can’t talk. Bye. (He takes offense to my tone. )
She made it school ok, and I was to work 30 minutes late. Thank goodness my employer is the most understanding guy ever, I really love where I work.

But this is a classic example of him failing at parenting, giving up, dropping the issues onto me, saying oh well, throws his hands up on something he created- and letting me figure it out. He is always making a mess of some sort that I end up working through it.
I do not have a partner in life, I get zero apologies, zero help, He’s dead weight. I am already a single parent. Yet he is the first to point out my parenting flaws, or when the kids act up it’s my fault because I’m too nice. You know, this time he played Mr nice guy and she got away with her little stunt. She’s only 5, but she knows better, I would have walked her onto the bus, kissed her cute little face and she would have been just fine. lol.

I am still so mad about this. I need to remember my anger. I wish timing was better because this is fueling my departure so much.