Old 11-30-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Ugh, I just don't know what purpose I serve here, as a non-drinker, achieved via adopting AVRT. For me, as a previous recovery group person, this method is exclusive and as I'm in control of not drinking, I'm also not dependant upon outside sources to aid my sobriety.[...]

I just don't know what to do, leave SR or keep posting.
That is an interesting comment that echoes my thoughts, or at least it did early on. I discovered AVRT in Oct 2012 and it saved my life! I took my last drink on the 2nd of Oct and have been 100% sober every since.

Yet here I still am, 4000 posts later! It's hard to put it into words why I stay. First off I am well aware that while I have caged my Beast, the Beast has not been slain. It's important to remember that! I come here in part to remind myself how bad it was back when I drank.

But I guess paying it forward is the real reason I have stayed. If you found a cure for a deadly disease, would you cure yourself and then remain silent? Or would you want to share that cure with everyone you knew that was sick? Setting aside the question of whether or not alcoholism a disease, AVRT has been my cure. Or at it least it keeps me in permanent remission.

There was a time that I trudged through my life from day to day like a machine; no hope, no prospects of ever breaking the cycle of misery I was locked into. A recurring loop of misery. But I broke out of the loop, broke that cycle that had dominated my life for 25 years.

I want to offer that hope to others! I have come to believe that hope is our most precious asset, more importance than wealth or fame. No matter how bad your life is, no matter how low addiction has brought you, no matter how long you've been a drinker- there is still hope! That is the message I want to yell from the mountaintops to anyone that will listen.