View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
HelenofTroy
Living the life

Originally Posted by Martin1 View Post
The reason I was feeling a bit low is because I have a bad injury on my ears, I may have posted about it before. I had to get passport photos taken last night and felt bad looking at them. It really gets to me, there is no way to try and hide it either. Every time someone has seen them (which is rare because I always wear a hat) I will get a comment.
I can understand feeling uncomfortable about something about your appearance that you have no control over. Having said that, no one usually sees your passport pic except a customs agent, and other than the brief moment dealing with them you are free to go about as you are comfortable - with your hat.

Originally Posted by Martin1 View Post
Sounds really good, are there any other places you could go to? I'm sure you will get through it, as always we are on this thread if you need to post for support.
Yes there are a few restaurants we try to get to while there, so we wouldn't have a problem finding somewhere else. I am going to play it by ear. If I'm feeling that it is going to be too much of a challenge not to drink there Mr. Troy would have no problem going somewhere else, but I do want to make the effort because I know he really enjoys it. It is the one time a year where we get to enjoy raw oysters as there aren't any restaurants around where we live that serve them. I'm thinking they would still be tasty with a sparkling water and lime instead of wine.

I just realized that I can go with Mr. Troy to the sober social event! (he helps to organize it) I usually pass because I am too busy off drinking somewhere. Not this year!