# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of September 2016 Part 4

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 10-13-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread. That went quickly.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good morning folks.

Tekink you are stronger than I am. For me it is the cheap bastard in me that would need to keep that wine for cooking with at least lol. Although to be honest it would probably start piling up in my fridge and going nasty. I am so happy for you that you know what you need to do AND you follow through and do it.

Emme you are doing really well. Given you are making changes on several fronts I wouldn't be beating myself up over the bad food choice. You didn't drink which is what your big goal is - good on you. Sounds like your new meeting is making you do some work. I sense you don't think that is a bad thing.

CAGY busy days are good days.

SSOH and Dee, I am still keeping the faith as well. For today and probably tomorrow too

Windancer I am SO happy for you! What a great milestone, 30 days, and getting your horses home as well. I love that you sound so upbeat. Gotta love it when a plan comes together! You have worked so hard for this. Keeping you in my thoughts for an uneventful day with no mishaps.

I got to spend the day with my granddaughter yesterday. I can't believe how much that fills my heart and makes my day! She is such a smiley loving creature and at 9 months old she doesn't talk back yet lol. I know there are gratitude threads but I'm going to leave this right here - I am so grateful to have her in my life and that I made the decision when she was born to not drink around her. I love that my head is clear and that I am fully present these days, but especially when I am with her. It was that first decision that got me thinking about more widespread changes about my drinking (not just when I'm around her) so that is what has brought me to where I am now.

I have bowling today, then dinner out with my best friend. My best friend used to be my best drinking partner, and dinners out were an excuse to get trashed. She gave up drinking two years ago and I am so grateful that our friendship was so much deeper than the booze so that we are still best friends today. After she quit drinking I would still have a beer when we went out but just the one. Now none at all. Funny how life works sometimes.

Have a good one everyone
Old 10-13-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on clearing 30 days Winddancer! September 13th was also my first day sober, it's also the start of a new month for myself.

Helen, the hard part wasn't pouring the bottle out so much as letting it sit there and get old. I simply avoid the room in the house with the wine cooler. My wife's been drinking wine in a coffee cup the help keep it of my mind. I cannot punish her for my own lack of self control when it comes to alcohol.

My head is starting to clear up a little more each day. Sleep is coming back some nights as well. I had a full night sleep last night, I only woke up once and fell right back asleep. When I was drinking I'd fall asleep fast but not sleep all night and not feel rested in the morning. I've had insomnia problems for over 30 months from opiate withdrawal and I think alcohol was playing a roll in those restless mornings. When I get a full night sleep like last night it's the best I've slept since March 2014.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Helen!!!
Clock is ticking now ... just emptied out my horse trailer. I'm just waiting for my Dad to return with his truck then off we go to pick up 2 of the horses. I'll drop them off here, then quickly go and get the other 2 with my trailer. Then I'll have my beloved little herd here! I'll try and upload a pic. Thanks for sharing my joy and excitement!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
Congrats on clearing 30 days Winddancer! September 13th was also my first day sober, it's also the start of a new month for myself.
Thank you tekink! And likewise! Congrats and well done to you as well
Old 10-13-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Woop Woop 3 weeks sober for me
Old 10-13-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good evening to you all!

Today could not have gone better! My cherished horses are here safe and sound and happy. And there was no drama with the ex getting the rest of my things. I am so grateful and so very happy today. I am one lucky woman.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living the life

Great news Windancer!
Old 10-14-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Halloween Horror Nights...

... and no alcohol. Actually, Universal all day and no alcohol. Usually that would be an eight to ten drink excursion. So I probably just saved myself at least $80.00. LOL

Day 19. The train keeps on rolling.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great things happening today guys - congrats!

D
Old 10-14-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's been an amazing morning!!!

Everytime I woke up in the night I was able to go check on my horses in my pj's to make sure they were safe and sound . When I had my coffee this morning I went out in my paddock boots to pet them. They are all happy and healthy!

I had booked myself another meditation ceremony this weekend not knowing at the time that I would have my horses arriving so close to it. So I'll be gone for a day and a half. Poor timing but oh well. I find these ceremonies so helpful in my recovery that I still want to go ... but I also want to get back quickly as well.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good morning folks.

Windancer I am so happy for you! I can imagine you doing just that - having coffee with the horses in your jammies and boots lol. From what I've read of you on here I can see you taking great healing strength from not only interacting with your horses but also from the physical care they require (yes I've cleaned out horse stalls in my time lol). And your meditation ceremony sounds interesting. You are definitely making positive choices in your life. Onward and upward!

I had a great time at dinner with my bestie last night with lots of laughs and good conversation. Then I stopped at my daughter's to help prep for painting today. Weird thing is I had a bit of a headache this morning, felt a little like a bit of a hangover. Could be because I slept with the windows open and it went down to below 40F last night. I try to pull the covers better around me without disturbing the two furbabies on my bed, which usually ends up with none of us being happy or getting good sleep and I'm still cold. Clearly I am a sucker for punishment lol. Not to mention going to sleep with this U.S. election stuff on the tv is so upsetting. And I'm Canadian! lol

Anyway I'm off to my daughter's this morning to paint. Wishing everyone a good day.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by HelenofTroy View Post
Good morning folks.

Windancer I am so happy for you! I can imagine you doing just that - having coffee with the horses in your jammies and boots lol. From what I've read of you on here I can see you taking great healing strength from not only interacting with your horses but also from the physical care they require (yes I've cleaned out horse stalls in my time lol). And your meditation ceremony sounds interesting. You are definitely making positive choices in your life. Onward and upward!
Awe thank you so very much Helen . My heart just is brimming with joy and love over my horses. I love them so much. And yes, they will be so very valuable in my healing and Recovery! I am very, very blessed.

I am thrilled you had a good time with your friend last night! Hope you feel better now though ... I wonder if you perhaps woke up dehydrated. I often feel "hungover" when I know I haven't had enough water.

So I won't be posting too much on here until I am back sometime on Sunday but I'll be fine I'm just going to a healing Ceremony. I wish you all a fantastic and sober weekend! You are all so worthy of Recovery
Old 10-14-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Windancer - So pleased you have your horses with you! I was following your progress on here, and you worked so hard to make that happen. Enjoy your weekend.

Helen - I've had the occasional bad head in the morning without drinking, it's strange... But it always reminds me how much worse the hangovers where when I was on the booze - wow, I had some headaches that were so bad I almost couldn't see!

Hope everyone here has a great Friday night away from drink.

xx
Old 10-14-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yay Wind! That sounds amazing! Have a good weekend! LOL Helen. The election here is causing me headaches. I'm for Hillary and my entire immediately family is for Trump. I have NO clue why other than the fact they're republican. (But plenty of republicans don't like Trump). I can't StAND him! Anywho..my interview went well Wed.. Should find out early next week he said if I got it. Have another interview line up next Wed as well. Day 37 now.. happy Friday!
Old 10-14-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you SomeSortofHuman and CAGY I really appreciate the thoughts and I hope you both have a super splendid and sober weekend as well
Old 10-14-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~
Day 17, probably not going to make it to 18, but I will re-evaluate and start again tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone~
Old 10-14-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Living the life

Hey Emme. Is it possible to go for a 15 minute walk and then see how you feel?
Old 10-14-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please reevaluate now Emme.
You already know there's no answers back the way you've come.

Whatever is going on, let us help. Talk about it. Rat out your AV.

You won't regret not drinking tonight when you wake up tomorrow
D