Old 11-29-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Fusion

Ugh, I just don't know what purpose I serve here, as a non-drinker, achieved via adopting AVRT. For me, as a previous recovery group person, this method is exclusive and as I'm in control of not drinking, I'm also not dependant upon outside sources to aid my sobriety.

I do believe in 'paying it forward' but there's so little footfall in this 'Secular Connections' thread. When I visit the Newcomers Thread, I sense an under-whelming response to non-recovery group methods; but perhaps I'm just too sensitive to nuances.

After actively engaging in drinking for over two decades, I've much rebuilding to do. I've been sober for almost three months, but it might as well be three years, non-drinking is so deeply entrenched and I'll never drink again.

I'm absolutely committed to carrying the message, but how do I do that? To be honest, I feel so frustrated that I'm unable to guide folks to the path I've followed, the path to shake the alcohol addiction shackles free. I'm so saddened to read the Newcomers thread and some of their struggles. I want to grab them by the hand and lead the way, to prevent them suffering for two decades as I did. But I don't know how!

Or should I just bow out now, as a success story? It's just so frustrating and upsetting, I wish I'd posted my AVRT question thread decades ago, followed the guidance and saved my self the loss of a huge chunk of my life to addiction. That's what I wish for other folks, for them to circumvent the struggling and suffering I encountered for so many years, until I learnt and practised AVRT.

I just don't know what to do, leave SR or keep posting.