Old 11-27-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Thomas45 View Post
Sleep on it and give it some thought. I won't push you in one way or another, but I would suggest you take into account how DD11 will feel about this going forward. What he said to her was extremely abusive, and even if you get supervised visits set up, his right to supervised visits may supersede your daughter's wishes to not see him if that's her request. And in the meantime, if he has any sort of visitation rights he could choose to exercise them while you're drawing up plans with your lawyer, which may further harm your daughter emotionally and hurt your case if you attempt to deny him any legal visitation rights he currently holds on the basis that your daughter 'doesn't want to.'
Sleeping on it for sure is what I need to do-- I am just worried that a temporary restraining order will just fuel his psychotic belief he is being wrongly persecuted and make him more vengeful... I spent 4+ years in court trying to just divorce him and have some semblance of safety for the kids and I am deathly afraid of going back to court given how capricious and arbitrary but long lasting, the court orders can be.

My state is INSANE in its emphasis on fathers rights and anytime I have sought to limit his visits, ie: supervised visits and RO's in the past- even when he has been arrested for violent crimes in front of the girls, the court is more concerned with HIS rights than the kids well being...

So I guess Im hoping my lawyer can look at this (as you all can too) much more objectively than I am able to right now and advise me as to what is best...

Thank you for your compassion and support... both girls are asleep now and I am a puddle of tears due to frustration and hurt for my poor kids