View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Great heads-up. I take the view that stuff that's really important to you should be within your own control and not sit on the Internet somewhere.

For the first 6 months of sobriety I posted every day in the December 2015 class. A few weeks in, I decided I needed to make a journal record of my posts and started cutting and pasting all my class entries into a file on my own laptop. So I have entries headed "[date] [day x]" for the first 6 months. It's been so helpful for me to look back on it all and see how I felt at certain points in the journey. In fact, I read them all yesterday, killing time on a long flight!

I recommend it, as it allowed me to reflect on things like when I started feeling better health wise, to recognise and isolate the early signs of my work-related anxiety and most importantly to see progress during the journey - which encouraged me to keep going.

It sounds like an effort to do that, but I put it into the same category as "putting the same effort into sobriety as I did into drinking" - which Dee often refers to.