Old 11-25-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
blackened83

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Hi blackened, I'm glad you're not drinking again, I've been meaning to mention the anxiety I had when I restarted after relapsing. What I had to deal with felt different than the last time I quit. It was pure anxiety. The dreaded feeling you get when something is going to happen. This does eventually subside but it's a definite diversion for me to ever think I can drink again.

That and the first thing I recognized that when I took that first drink, although it did take me some time to get back to being as bad as I was, is that I had ultimately flipped the switch back on. The grinding wheel had restarted. The waiting to drink. Thought I could get away with not feeling that way but no.

I had finally gotten to the point in my life where thoughts of alcohol had subsided with only the occasional reminder that I used to drink. From the moment I took that first drink I had wiped that all out.

Sober time is never lost, it should be used as a reminder of how good things can be.

Thanks for this thread, It's a good thread for anyone to read who's considered restarting.

I'm glad we both made it back!
This is a turning point for me also.. i always thought after 1 or 2 years my body would adjust and i can be a social drinker.. now i know if there is even a little possibility that i will feel like this again... i can not drink again