Notices

Little heads of for people thinking to drink

Old 11-25-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Little heads of for people thinking to drink

Hello,
I just want to share my experience. I had been sober for 64 days. I was feeling great and so happy, i even quit smoking. I was so optimistic about life with no anxiety.
Than i made a stupid mistake and drank for 3 days. Now i am 11 days sober again, feeling very bad and feel like i can`t breathe from anxiety... It wasn`t like this the first time i got sober...
Please do not relapse, it will be worse than ever before after relapsing.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well I'm sorry you learned that lesson the hard and direct way, but I've done it myself many many times, too. So, I understand.

Now almost three years sober, I can say with deep conviction that is just gets better and better.

Keep at it. Congratulations on 11 days!
Old 11-25-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with you that each relapse is harder than the last.

I hope this is your last Day 1.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your back to not drinking. I agree, those benders are killers. I think there is a saying here that refers to having another bender left in us, but not sure if we have another recovery in us.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi blackened, I'm glad you're not drinking again, I've been meaning to mention the anxiety I had when I restarted after relapsing. What I had to deal with felt different than the last time I quit. It was pure anxiety. The dreaded feeling you get when something is going to happen. This does eventually subside but it's a definite diversion for me to ever think I can drink again.

That and the first thing I recognized that when I took that first drink, although it did take me some time to get back to being as bad as I was, is that I had ultimately flipped the switch back on. The grinding wheel had restarted. The waiting to drink. Thought I could get away with not feeling that way but no.

I had finally gotten to the point in my life where thoughts of alcohol had subsided with only the occasional reminder that I used to drink. From the moment I took that first drink I had wiped that all out.

Sober time is never lost, it should be used as a reminder of how good things can be.

Thanks for this thread, It's a good thread for anyone to read who's considered restarting.

I'm glad we both made it back!
Old 11-25-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too hope this is your last day one.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My last relapse was on day 79! Just when the pink clouds started waning, I slipped as a result of some pressure at work. I am 8 days sober now and I vow to keep working to stay sober. That is why I am on this forum. You all support my recovery and hopefully I support yours. I also started a blog of my journey. It is so therapeutic even if no-one reads it, it helps to re-wire my brain. Thanks for starting this thread, Blackened.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
well I'm sorry you learned that lesson the hard and direct way, but I've done it myself many many times, too. So, I understand.

Now almost three years sober, I can say with deep conviction that is just gets better and better.

Keep at it. Congratulations on 11 days!
Do you remember when anxiety went away for you ? I am also qurious how do you feel now...
Old 11-25-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Hi blackened, I'm glad you're not drinking again, I've been meaning to mention the anxiety I had when I restarted after relapsing. What I had to deal with felt different than the last time I quit. It was pure anxiety. The dreaded feeling you get when something is going to happen. This does eventually subside but it's a definite diversion for me to ever think I can drink again.

That and the first thing I recognized that when I took that first drink, although it did take me some time to get back to being as bad as I was, is that I had ultimately flipped the switch back on. The grinding wheel had restarted. The waiting to drink. Thought I could get away with not feeling that way but no.

I had finally gotten to the point in my life where thoughts of alcohol had subsided with only the occasional reminder that I used to drink. From the moment I took that first drink I had wiped that all out.

Sober time is never lost, it should be used as a reminder of how good things can be.

Thanks for this thread, It's a good thread for anyone to read who's considered restarting.

I'm glad we both made it back!
This is a turning point for me also.. i always thought after 1 or 2 years my body would adjust and i can be a social drinker.. now i know if there is even a little possibility that i will feel like this again... i can not drink again