View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
HelenofTroy
Living the life

Good morning folks.

Congrats on five weeks Martin! That means I'm there today And welcome to the old-timers club. I always had really good vision, but started needing glasses in my early 30's. Now I can't see a thing without them. Ugh.

Barbs, I get that. It is really tough to let even those closest to us in on our "little secret". For me it was also that once I've told them then that holds me to an even bigger accountability, while if they don't know and I "chose" to relapse then who's the wiser? I also used the "getting healthier" excuse in the beginning but have since told them little things that make my situation clearer. Not so much drinking war stories but more about my concerns about needing a drink and thinking about it all the time. They understand where I am at and are completely supportive.

Bikube that's great that you have found a therapy/therapist that works for you. Many folks have to try more than one before finding one that clicks.

I'm still hanging in there. With this cold weather in my part of the world I have been drinking lots more tea. I grew up in a family of heavy tea drinkers (I was born in England) and I really like tea but it would get in the way of my wine drinking. A girl can only take in so many liquids! lol So now I have my morning large coffee (sometimes two), "regular" tea (Tetley orange pekoe with milk) in the afternoon and a flavoured decaffeinated tea in the evening. Last night was "mulled wine" tea from Lloyd's. Yum! I'm still not very good at water intake so I need to work on that.

I also watched "Clean and Sober" last night with Michael Keaton. It's more about the cocaine than the drinking but it was still insightful. The night before I watched "Smashed". Tonight I'm hoping to watch "Days of Wine and Roses". And I am up-to-date on "Shameless". All of these help remind me that I don't want to be that person.

Have a good one everyone.