View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

I'm single and have had trouble with my family so holidays can be a bit fraught for me.

My brother and his son brought our parents up a couple of nights ago. My SIL is driving up today with their other son and SIL's stepmother.

I get a bit stressed as years ago I overstepped my SIL's boundaries. I struggle to know what is okay and not okay around her. Many times I just try to stay away from family during the holidays. I have tickets to visits friends in Mexico for Christmas and may go spend the night with a friend tonight to give everyone some space.

On the happy side of the situation, I've had a great time with my 10 year old nephew. He is a super happy, capable kid. We went fishing yesterday and it was beautiful. I've been sanding and painting the deck railing. My nephew has been helping me screw the spindles back in the railing. I love giving him the opportunity to use a power drill. I hold the spindle in place and he pre-drills the holes and then screws the screws in. Our deck is so battered anyways that his youthful carpentry skills don't cause much more damage to railing than already exists.

Well I'm off to drink some more water, chop some wood and get out the ladder to do some roof fixing.

Hang tough all.