View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
August252015

Not having cravings is awesome. I have had no physical ones in just now 9 mo sober- if it is because of in part or in toto to my medicine (Campral), which I still take as part of my psych-directed regimen, A-OK with me and I will take it forever.

I simply look at this as a blessing of sobriety and down play the "miracle" of it, really. I focus on the other stuff besides the drink - my emotional sobriety and program work is where I put my attention. Thoughts of drinking come in as abstract thoughts- I work in a restaurant so the physical act of carrying drinks to people is pretty constant- but I don't want to drink them and it's pretty much like carrying out apps.

Keep going- you have so much to look forward to as your sober time increases!

(A Sidenote- I didn't put myself anywhere near alcohol at first. If I went out to eat for the first several months, it was with my parents and I had a very tight (as in 1) friend group til I moved into rebuilding my social world. IME, I had plenty to work on internally, and being out in the world and therefore around alcohol could wait).