Thread: Losing my mind
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by SoberSparrow View Post
Ive lost so much confidence. Withdrawn and no energy. It's depressing. Loser loser
Your such a loser cont even say no to control yourself. Cant pit the kids first. Disappointing and disgraceful
I forgot to add, all of the above? It goes away. Little by little. When you get a taste of the feeling of what it's like to succeed, just once, allowing yourself to ride the urge and make it through and realize that you can do it some of what you've lost because of alcohol will begin to return. Yes, all of the above is because of alcohol.

You also said
Once you experience the freedom alcohol gives you.. its almost impossible to go back.
There's a big key to getting sober within that statement. What is it that you feel you need freedom from? Does alcohol truly address whatever that is? On top of alcohol causing all of the feelings that you currently have it's also keeping you from addressing and fixing whatever it is that you think you need to escape. Or (and this is also the truth) alcohol will create things for you to have to seek escape from because that's just how it works. It robs you of all your self esteem, it stops you from addressing and fixing things, and it makes you think it's the easy way through.

It's not. What it's doing is holding you back from living a life that you DESERVE to live. A life that's so good but it's not going to let you see that.

Sending you the biggest virtual hug I can. Your post spoke so deeply to me because that WAS me.

Life is waiting for you SoberSparrow and you are worth every single minute of it!