Thread: Losing my mind
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

But I don't want to be sober. It's so boring. Boring. Healthy people are boring as bat ****. I work too hard to be boring and no fun 😣
SoberSparrow, I believe the above is the mantra of addiction. Seriously. It's a large percentage of what kept me from quitting too. I really thought that life after quitting was going to be utterly worthless. That I was destined to die of boredom and to spend eternity pining for my alcohol and the fun that it brought.

Please, please please, listen. What I am about to tell you is true, it will be hard for you to see right now but it is. Where I felt that same exact way as you do I found out that THOSE words are a LIE. It's the lie that addiction tells us to keep us in check. So we don't walk away from it.

I am now enjoying life like I've never enjoyed it. The peace, the accountability, TRUE happiness. Happiness that's real and at times can be overwhelming because it's true joy. A sincere appreciation for the simple things in life.

If you told me this before I quit I would have laughed. I wouldn't have believed it. It's true, I promise you. What you think is making life fun and keeping you happy is actually what's keeping you from those things.

It takes some work to get there. It all starts with you and your mindset. You have to give yourself the chance to realize that the road ahead without alcohol is far better. Do you have a recovery plan? The more you do to support your sobriety the easier it is. You CAN do this. Everything I've said to you is true.

Drinking is keeping you from living life, not supplying you with what you need to live. Many more here will tell you the same.

You CAN do this.