Thread: 109 days sober
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberComposer

109 days sober

Dear SR,

I just wanted to post and say that it has been 109 days since I have had a drink. I wanted to post because my relationship is causing stress and last night a political/human rights convo with her really upset me and had me wanting to drink. I feel that everyone should be respected no matter what their race or religion and she essentially feels the same but doesn't seem to have a problem with what is currently going on in american politics. I understand why people vote the way they do but when I am concerned about the rights of all people and it appears she doesn't respond because she doesn't really care.. It made me question if I want to live with that. Anyway.. We will never meet anyone who believes 100% like us and that probably wouldn't be fun but it was a shocker. Anyway.. I think I have rabbit-trailed from my 109 days but I needed to vent.

Much love everyone and best work on a better life. I didn't drink last night because I know exactly where that will take me. There are no more uncertainties or further experimentation needed. I chose to quit because I wanted a better life and my history with it has been more a sanctuary than a rare party enchancer. I developed an unhealthy relationship with it and that ruined my ability to play that game.

Much love again and best to everyone. Strive for freedom from alcohol. Life is still tough but decisions will be made from wisdom rather than regrettable actions that we will barely or not remember at all.