Thread: Indulge me
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

We are happy to have you here Jeff. Your story is of particular interest to me because I think we share some common traits- outside of loving weightlifting!- that make this struggle difficult, i.e.. being stubborn, not listening to good advice, getting too caught up in our own heads, just to list a few. Watching you work through that has been inspiring and gives me hope. One year is fantastic, you should feel so great about your progress.
While this is is celebratory thread and I don't want to take away from that, I have to add the following. Some of your traits that serve you very well in some areas of life (real state, work in general for example) can come to haunt you in sobriety, such as being over confident. To be clear, you don't seem to be putting that out there right now, with this post, but I want to give you a friendly reminder to watch out for that as you continue in your journey. I don't need to tell you this, do I? You have seen where that has taken you in the past.
In closing, you DID this man, you did it. Feel good about yourself and your accomplishment. Keep up the great work.

ETA: I just re-read my post as I always do to check for errors, and I saw that it gave off a bit of a negative connotation. That was in no way my intention. Please remember that a forum lacks many things that "warm up" words, such as facial expressions, body language and tone of voice. My post was heart felt and intended to be words of support and true praise for you Jeff.