Old 11-11-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

I guess without a lot of detail from before and after, none of us can discern that...

In sobriety, I am very different. I do not connect with the same people as I did before. A lot of people that I thought were nice disgust me now. I can see human behavior as well as my own behavior more clearly and put it all in proper perspective.. I am a very strong person now, and can take a lot in stride that would bring others down (and me, previously) and during the transition to this I did feel like maybe I was COLD and shut down? I think it is just getting better at coping, my emotions don't get intense. Maybe we come to believe intense emotions are normal, I don't think they are at all. Drama is what we're used to and it's from intense focusing on negative feelings.. The aggression could be another mechanism of protection, or it could be that you found your backbone and won't take most nonsense anymore!

Is "having a backbone" an idiom you're familiar with? It's having guts, or fortitude.. You know who you are and won't compromise it, ever.