Old 11-11-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
atalose

Addicts will beg, borrow and steal in order to get their "fix". We codies will also go to great lengths in order to get our own "fix" to fix them.

When it was pointed out to me that often we mirror the addict with our own obsessive thinking and relentlessly seeking out the fix, I had to take a long hard look at that.

What I discovered was, it was true and no matter how much I attempted to deny it, the facts were the facts. See I always looked at it as BUT I am doing it out of love. I am doing what I do because of love, care and commitment and that is what the addict does as well, love and commitment to getting high, escaping reality.

We all come to our own conclusions and do what is best for ourselves. I came to the realization that my idea of a loving and caring mutual committed relationship couldn't be with someone who had the need to escape life and reality as their main coping skill. No matter how great our relationship once was and my ideal of the potential of what it could be, didn't matter because the reality of what is was what I needed to accept and base MY future decisions on.