Old 11-09-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Flossyteacake

Great topic, Dee, thank you. I've been thinking a lot about how the election panned out. Even though I'm not American, it will affect me and mine - a Brit living in Aus. This is a global society we live in after all. I've decided that the result presents an opportunity to teach my children about love and compassion, respect and dignity: the antithesis of everything Trump seems to stand for. We've got a new book - Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World. I'll be reading it later with my daughter and, just as importantly, my son. What's the saying? Be the change you want to see in the world? That's us. Presidents come, presidents go. What matters is how people treat each other. I will be sober, to ensure I'm being the best parent and teacher I can be for my children. It's not a big thing, but it might make the world a better place - who knows what they might achieve with their lives? Seeing the positive is not something that comes naturally to me, but it's a much nicer mindset to live with.