View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Illuminate

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
It happens, Illuminate. I've had so many day 1's I've lost count. The fact is, I know sobriety brings good things to my life. Sometimes you just have to have faith and believe sobriety will bring good.

Do you have a plan? Do you know why you drank?

I'm glad you're back.
It's related to another health condition that bothers me sometimes. I won't go at length about it here as I spend enough time talking and thinking about it in other places. It's not life threatening, just affects quality of life which I try to restore by drinking. It's something that I probably can't actually adjust to / deal with properly until I achieve sobriety.

I just have so many big questions in my life that I'm trying to sort out. Am I on the right career path? Should I marry my girlfriend? How do I maintain my group of friends that all loved to drink quite a bit? How do I find new friends?

It's a lot, and I'm not trying to dump it on anyone. I think it's important to remember when there are many problems that we can work on them one at a time; we don't need to fix everything all at once. All those things are things I shouldn't worry about until I'm at least sober! But a part of me also thinks that resolving one of those problems now would grant me peace and take away some of my motivation to drink....

Anyone have thoughts on that?