Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Finally "getting" the whole Self Care thing

When I was my mother's full time caretaker before she passed away, I made sure to make time for myself to rejuvenate. So why didn't I do the same when involved with my exFiance? He was a lot more stressful and needed more from me than my mother who's nervous system was breaking down in front of her. The sad thing is that I noticed my lack or getting back in touch with myself while reading the SMART Recovery Friends and Family handbook.

The last couple months I've started to take care of myself. I started putting on make-up daily, even ordering Birchbox and Ipsy to have new things to play around with. I am using new facial cleansers and put on a mask once a week. That forces you to relax a little since you can't walk around your guy housemates with that on your face! This last week I started meditation.

Now that I finished my midterm today, I'm getting ready to watch Kingsman again with my coloring book to relax before I fall asleep. Zero is even getting in on the action, I'm taking him on two pleasure walks a day now.

What do you do for self-care? I'm always open to ideas.