View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by letitend View Post
Lex - the dog is getting on in age. She has trouble holding her bladder. He has a yard at his house. It was either put her down or he take her. He loves the dog, so he wanted to take her. My son isn't heart broken over the dog. The dog just tolerated my son, was never playful with him or anything.

I am definitely concentrating my efforts, as much as I can, on me. I do best with the most distance from him. I am not wanting him back in any capacity. I actually thought when I saw him on Halloween that I was soooo happy I didn't have to mother him anymore. What 37 year old man doesn't even have enough money for a bag of dog food. He had an enlightening event happen as well where he won't disclose all of the details. He was working at an event and got so drunk on wine being served there that he lost his glasses, his phone and his chin was all jacked up. It was like bruised or scraped or something. His entire chin. He was sick and couldn't even afford to take himself to the doctor. I do not want to 'take care' of him anymore in any capacity. I am done. I need to care for a 7 year old and show him how to be responsible. That was impossible living with the xabf. So, in that respect, I would never ever take him back. However, it just hurts so bad that he has moved on in the way he has. So fast. Seeing our son that he saw daily maybe once or twice a month, it hurts. I don't know why I expect more from a man that has never pitched in financially in the least. It is that stupid hope thing, I suppose. I hoped we could be a family unit, we couldn't. Then I hoped he could at least be a responsible co-parent so I can breathe some myself, but that is looking questionable too. I guess all the hope that I have for him to be something he isn't, is just a stupid fantasy I need to move on from. I am trying hard, trust me.
Sounds like you are going through the hard work of figuring all this out and grieving the what-is-never-to-be. It does indeed truly suck.

Be kind to yourself Letitend. Peace and healing will come.