View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

I am so angry, I'm about to bust

Well,.......yeah, I shoulda known and I think I did. I just was praying SO much that xabf was truly getting the help he needed.

He calls me tonite and I don't recognize the number. I pick it up. It's him and I'm asking him "what are you doing calling me? You're not supposed to have contact with anybody for atleast two weeks on the farm". (to back up.....he went to the rehab farm for a year to get sober on Wed. night and called and left a message that he got there and that we could "now go on with our lives. Love you" I was SO at peace with that and grateful).

He tells me this story that he had called Wed. am to the farm to tell them that he was coming and the counselors told him to go ahead and come, they were waiting for him. He drives all the way out there and when he gets there, they tell them they gave away his bed to someone else. I work for the organization that owns the farm. I know that if someone is coming in, they come in when a bed is available for them and that's always on a Monday. Xabf put it off and because of that......he lost his place at the farm. (he didn't admit that, but that's what happened). Another manipulation.

He then tells me that he's been staying with his sister and her husband since coming back here Wed. night. This is the same sister and brother-in-law that said that if xabf got kicked out of rehab (which he did at the 30 day rehab), that they'd "walk away from him and not have anything else to do" with him. That they were having "marital problems" and it was over xabf's drinking.

Not only are they having something to do with him, they're letting him stay at their HOUSE!

Why don't they get out a shovel and help him dig himself a grave, too? OH....this makes me so mad! I know, I know......I shouldn't give in to that. That's his and their problem. But, it busts my behind that they jumped ALL over me for taking him back over and over again in the past and then they do it without a blink of an eye.

I finally walked away from xabf, the guy I loved with all of my heart and tried to show him how to get sober like I did. I realized I was enabling him. Hard as it was, I finally did. I haven't called him, contacted him, seen him......I walked away and it was hard as heck, but I wasn't gonna help him stay a drunk by me taking care of him. I've listened to his messages, but that's it. I know that was wrong, too, but I stayed firm on my commitment of not helping him anymore and started taking care of me.

I want to SO badly tell his sister/brother-in-law off!! For giving me so much hell for taking him back months ago before I finally stopped. But, instead.........I'm writing this here, so that I don't give them one more minute of my time thinking about what hypocrites they are.

I'm gonna let it go here on this board by venting and then PRAY REALLY HARD for God to keep me on the path that I've been on this last month or two ...doing better than I thought I would.

(deep breath).....okay, done! Thanks for letting me vent.