Old 10-28-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
NorthernLass

Hi! OK earlier I had cravings, I posted and tried to work through them. Had dinner, drank lots of water, ate chocolate etc. Think they have passed.

What motivated me the most was reading stuff online. I googled "What happens when you stop drinking" and it led me to a timeline and a great blog, someone I have read about before and she's been sober over 3 years now. I don't know if we are allowed to promote other sites so I won't say. I like reading it because it shows it is possible to live without alcohol.

Also did a "How dangerous is your drinking habit" quiz. It was far too polite. It just said, you have a drinking problem, rather than, "WHAT!!! your drinking is way off the chart, Stupid! Why do you need to check? Do you want to die??" I really think those quizzes should be more honest!!

I also read about fatigue and sobriety. It made me realize, I am getting a little tired.... and it's only early evening. I really want to experience what its like to be sober long term, to help my body heal, and this info really pushed me to stay dry!!

So I am going to do what I have to do and maybe watch a bit of TV before I go to bed. Busy sober weekend ahead.

4/5 last days sober!!