View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Lizzieloulou

Welcome brokendown. A few months ago I took my ah to accident and emergency because of his post-binging. He was given fluids etc, and his heart rate was through the roof! It really scared him, and I was actually pleased about that as I thought it might shock him into re-thinking his alcohol intake. A week later he was back on the juice! Over the last few months he has stopped...started...new strategies...not working! He has tried to drink 'moderate'...not a chance!...an alcoholic can NEVER drink moderately! What I am trying to say is that they may wish to change, but they just can't! Therefore, you must try to concentrate on you and your situation...what you need! I wish I could take my own advice, because I am going through exactly what you are, but please know that you are not alone here...we all know and understand how difficult it is. I take my strength from reading posts here and writing things to others on here, to make me feel better in the knowledge that I have support...even if you are in the USA! From a village in England I send you my good wishes!